An important lesson I learned while caregiving was that I didn’t have to do it alone. Neither do you. Through the coaching process you will be encouraged and guided so that you become empowered and able to meet the demands, find balance and look after you.
Being a caregiver brings a wide variety of challenges. Many frustrations arise when trying to balance work, family, home and caring for yourself and care for your loved one. Add to that the worry and concern about the future and how that impacts you, your loved one, family and friends. This time in your life can be an emotional roller coaster. Let me help you learn to hang on and find peace, hope and joy in the ride.
How Will Coaching Help You?
- Learn strategies to gain new perspectives and empower you to easily cope with day to daydemands, including organizing schedules and daily/weekly tasks.
- Help you understand what comes next and how to prepare for the future.
- Learn about your strengths and how they help you in your caregiving role.
- Put your personal self- care into a plan that will keep you on track for looking after yourself, and what to do when feeling frustrated and overwhelmed.
- Identify areas where you would benefit from help, and who you can ask for help
- Learn communication strategie to help build strong relationships with your caree, family and medical team.
- Discover ways to address family concerns with love, respect and grace.
- Take control of your time
- Become aware of the changing caregiving needs and how to adjust your plan to meet them.
How Does It Work?
Coaching for the caregiver is done through weekly 30 minute calls, by telephone, Skype or Google hangout. This efficient method makes it easy for you to stay committed to the sessions by saving on travel time and office/home preparation. You can even have your sessions while wearing pyjamas!
- You can expect to have some home study in between sessions. This is kept to a minimum and will help you process and implement new strategies and techniques. Each session includes a 15 minute follow up call.
- You will have a clear plan of action, including resources and next steps.
What Coaching in Not
Coaching is not therapy or counseling. Coaching is about getting clear about what change is most needed at the present time, identifying obstacles to making the change, and empowering you to take action and get results. All of this can be done in conjunction with therapy or counseling and provide you with more tools for success.
Please contact us for more information to find out more how Lorna can help you.